A Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) is a confidential meeting and will help you;
- Describe the issues that you feel need to be dealt with
- Explore what you want to change
- Obtain clear information about mediation process, likely time commitment and costs
- Find out what you can do to prepare
- Gain information about other sources of help available
- Decide whether mediation might help you.
In most cases, the Family Court requires that applicants have attended a MIAM with an accredited mediator before it will allow Court proceedings.
An individual MIAM is for up to 60 minutes and costs £95
A joint MIAM is for up to 90 minutes and costs £150 (£75 each)